Sunday, March 11, 2007

The best hot cocoa I've ever had


I received a canister of Godiva's Dark Chocolate Truffle Hot Cocoa for Christmas. I'm a huge choc-o-holic but I didn't try it until this weekend. I managed to put it towards the back of a shelf in my kitchen and then forget about it (it seems that I have a bad habit of forgetting about food...). I found it again tonight while looking for something to calm a major chocolate craving.

This hot chocolate is amazing. It's the best powdered hot chocolate that I've ever had. Had I not made it myself, I wouldn't have believed that it came from a powder.

The directions call for 1 cup milk (and it specifically says that milk must be used and not water) and 4 tbsp of the powder.
I don't drink much milk (I hate the taste) so I made it with soy milk and it was still delicious. It made a rich, thick, creamy chocolate. I love hot chocolate and I love dark chocolate, but I had a hard time finishing it. Next time, I'll use less powder or make less total to deal with how rich it is. I'd recommend this to anyone wanting a quick chocolate fix that tastes like home-made.

1 comment:

Akrons the Viking said...

omg, this sounds delicious. I must get some.