Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Buffalo Chicken Salad

Some nights I just don't feel like cooking. When it's been a long day all I want to do is throw together a quick meal and watch some TV.
I still want to eat something healthful and fresh on these nights though, so I've been experimenting with ways to make a simple salad more exciting.

The best thing I've come up with is my buffalo chicken salad.
With the help of my George Foreman grill, this takes about 5 minutes to throw together.

The George Foreman grill is great for quick and easy cooking. You could also broil or bake, but it takes much longer for things to cook that way and you also have to wait for the oven to heat up.

I take a chicken breast and cut it into thin slices so they will cook faster. I give them a quick coat of buffalo sauce and then put them on the George Foreman for about 3 minutes or until they are done. I also pour some buffalo sauce onto the chicken pieces on the grill. Marinating them for a bit would work as well, but it's not necessary.

While that is cooking, I assemble the salad. I usually just use lettuce (I use the pre-cut bags of lettuce) and tomatoes but any veggies would go well.

Once the chicken is done I cut it up and add it to my salad. Add a little more buffalo sauce if you'd like and then a little ranch or blue cheese dressing.
It's delicious :)

I've found that Frank's Buffalo Sauce is the best. It's the perfect amount of spicy and still has tons of flavor. I also like to use Marie's blue cheese dressing because it's the BEST. I've been eating the lite kind and it's pretty tasty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I made myself a salad similar to this the other day! It was delicious :-) Something about the crisp cool lettuce paired with the spicy chicken and creamy dressing...I'm ready for another one!